Shrimp and fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have four ghost shrimp, and they can be hard to see in the tank, (they are translucent after all). I have to be very deliberate about my PWC's. I have to watch the end of my gravel vac or something bad may happen. I haven't had any problems with them getting sucked into the tube but I have come close to cutting them in half when inserting the tube into the gravel. Be careful.

Those shrimp are tiny. Don't underestimate their ability to hide. They are probably shocked and scared about the new tank they've been placed in. When I first got shrimp I had three, they hid inside of my castle most of the time. It wasn't until I had four shrimp that they became more "active."

Can't say what tetras and guppies will think about your shrimp. As stated before most fish find them to be expensive snack-food. My Betta killed and ate my shrimp one by one, but my platys and ottos leave them alone. I hope that it can be a peaceful addition to your tank. I wish the best of luck to you.

before i do my pwc.. ill feed everything in the tank a red flakefood.. when the ghost shrimp eat it.. you can plainly see a red dot floating around the tank lol, easy to avoid them then.

Back
Top Bottom