Shrimp and shrimp retailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm thinking about ordering a crapload (about 20, the ones I want are tiny) of shrimp for my tank, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with Malaysian Rainbow Shrimp (Caridina spp.) or Rudolph Red-Nosed Shrimp (C. gracilirostris).

Also, has anyone had experience with Arizona Aquatic Gardens ( http://www.azgardens.com/ )?

I have ordered shrimp from them before, as well as plants and plecos, and have been pleased. If they have them, check out cherry shrimp, because they reproduce in your tank and are a wonderful red color. They are very small though, so they might not be what you are looking for. You pay a premium price for shipping but you are just about guaranteed live delivery.

Is this for the India biotope? If so, will the badis eat them?

I just looked at those shrimp. They are very cool. I had never heard of them before. Does anyone know if those rainbow shrimp will breed in freshwater?

I want a shrimp that will breed in freshwater without salt added. The only one I know of is the cherry shrimp. Any more?

Is this for the India biotope? If so, will the badis eat them?

The same site sells another species of badis and says they will not eat them. I will have to do more research though.

Bah...as usual, I'm getting mixed information on the internet. Now I have a dillemma. I could spend $60 and risk getting a very expensive treat for my badis, or...Well, I can't buy a few to try them out, shipping is like $20 for each order.

Maybe I could bend the biotope rule a bit and get some cheap glass shrimp to see how they fare?

But...AAG says shrimp are fine with their badis, AND there is one lone snail cruising my tank and he's been fine...SOOO...crap, I don't know. Any thoughts?

The cherry hide a lots. Of all the shrimp, only the amanos feed and swim around openly.

HTH

My cherries don't hide too much in my Endler's tank, since there are no real predators for them in there but they are pretty small. They do a great job on algae.

I would definitely try some cheap local shrimp, as small as you can find them, and see what happens.

PM Menagerie and see if her badis eat shrimp or not.

Back
Top Bottom