Shrimp "bowl" plant suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacpaq2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm going to be setting up a shrimp bowl downstairs in my kitchen. I plan on putting 3-5 red crystal shrimp in there and maybe a price of drift wood. I have no idea of what type of plants would fit in the "bowl". It's not really even a bowl it's more of a vase. It is around 5 inches tall and 4 inches wide. Any suggestions would do. Thanks

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429479879.306111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you're doing substrate you can do pretty much any small plant clippings. This is one of those little 'betta bowls' I threw together a while ago:

img_3207621_0_b79d641821d3933063dc112e682b5513.jpg

Without substrate you could just put in hornwort, najas grass, or similar.

If you're doing substrate you can do pretty much any small plant clippings. This is one of those little 'betta bowls' I threw together a while ago:

img_3207622_0_b79d641821d3933063dc112e682b5513.jpg

Without substrate you could just put in hornwort, najas grass, or similar.

I will be using substrate but I want to make sure none of the plants get to big

Anubias Petite Nana would go really well if you plan on getting drift wood. They stay pretty small and grow very slowly.

anubias-barteri-var-nana-petite.jpg

Hi all, all these talking abt shrimp bowl is getting me excited. Planning to set up one too.I have a 4 ft tank but i am a noob in shrimp. Question: does shrimp bowl need to have a filter for aeration?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Hi all, all these talking abt shrimp bowl is getting me excited. Planning to set up one too.I have a 4 ft tank but i am a noob in shrimp. Question: does shrimp bowl need to have a filter for aeration?

Shrimp don't need filtration and from what I know don't require any special water perimeters or a certain temperature. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong my experience with shrimp is limited

Type parva would be another small one that would do well in a bowl

Wow that looks like a cool pant!!! One quick question though. Will this plant be ok with little to no fertilizer.

Wow that looks like a cool pant!!! One quick question though. Will this plant be ok with little to no fertilizer.

From what i know, anubias nana pettie can be fine without any fert. But adding iron and potassium will make its growth to the fullest potential. Also it dun need co2. Best to have it under shade rather than direct light.

Back
Top Bottom