Shrimp Compatability?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fathomed

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey Forum,

So in my community tank, I have had quite a long journey with my fish and thinking of adding some Ghost Shrimp to the party.

I want to first make note on what's inside, thier size, age, and their behaviours:

1 Bala Shark: (6 Inches, 2.5 years old, very shy and passive bot-dweller).
1 Albino Rainbow/Red Fin Shark: (5 inches, 2 years, very passive bottom-dweller).
2 Chinese Algae Eaters (1 is 4 inches, year old, aggressive bottom-dweller, 1 is 2 inches, year old, passive bottom-dweller). I plan to move them soon once my True SAE's grow up.
2 Baby True Siamese Algae Eaters (1 inch each, both months old, Both very passive mid/bottom dwellers).
School of Fancy Guppies (1-2 inches, 1-5 months, passive mid/top-dwellers).

This is in a 60g tank that's got tiny, fine rocks as substrate, planted in 50% plastic plants, 50% java moss, large driftwood centre piece, a cave on one side of the tank for my Rainbow, and 2 caves on the other side for both my Chinese Algae Eaters.

If I get some Ghost Shrimp, will they survive? I think the only threat might be my Bala Shark since he's pretty big, but I noticed he doesn't like to chase much. When I first got my guppies, I intended the fry to kind of eaten by my sharks, but most of them had no problem hiding and surviving.

Thanks for any advice!

I agree with Jason. You can certainly give it a try if you want though. But I think its likely that the bala will eat them unless they have plenty of hiding places. When they are small, the rainbow shark would possible eat them too. Most people do not have this issues, but my guppies actually love pecking at my ghosties until the shrimp die one by one.

Back
Top Bottom