shrimp/endler tank filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Fisher

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I've got a query, what do some of you use or suggest for filtering a RCS/ Endler tank.

I've got a 10 gallon and am currently running an air driven sponge. It works and the shrimp love foraging on the sponge but the water clarity is not what I like.

In my 55g Angelfish tank I run an air driven sponge and a old school box filter and it's got crystal water.

I'm considering just running a corner box but would the shrimp be "happy" without the sponge to forage?

An AC filter won't ever let you down. Get one, leave the carbon out and throw a bag of purigen in there. Your tank will be amazingly well kept and clear

An AC filter won't ever let you down. Get one, leave the carbon out and throw a bag of purigen in there. Your tank will be amazingly well kept and clear

Oh I know, AC makes a great filter! I've got one on a 29 with nothing but the sponge and some filter floss along with the bio max and the water is crystal clear.

I've found that if you use purigen for about a month then take it out you can use filter floss and the water will stay just as clear.

Now to convince myself to spend 29.00 :fish1:

Oh I know, AC makes a great filter! I've got one on a 29 with nothing but the sponge and some filter floss along with the bio max and the water is crystal clear.

I've found that if you use purigen for about a month then take it out you can use filter floss and the water will stay just as clear.

Now to convince myself to spend 29.00 :fish1:

29$? For what? Check amazon. Waaaaaayyyyy cheaper

Wow nevermind. I thought they were cheaper?

I paid 27 for an AC30 at petco in january. Same one is near 40 now there.

I may have found a HOB with the same type of media design on ebay.

Why do I have to be so picky yet so cheap :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom