Shrimp id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I have tigers and rcs but this looks nothing like either these pix suck sry

Not sure..pic is pretty bad lol. I can't really make out a shrimp? What color is it? What size?

Its the size of a tiger he's like a sparkle blue see thru with a tan stripe down his back and tan spots on his body its so weird

Even though the pic isn't great could it be a Yellow nose shrimp ( Xiphocaris elongata) Petshrimp.com -- All about shrimp or a red nose shrimp (Caridina gracilirostris) Petshrimp.com -- All about shrimp It looks to be quite long and thin rather than shorter and fatter but that could be just the way I'm looking at it, bit like a magic eye picture lol.

*edit* just read the clolour descrpition, crossed in the mail, so maybe it's not either :)

Its kinds like that last one..how could I get something I never seen or purchased... Could it be a cross between a tiger and a rcs

Nope it can't be. Tigers are caridina and RCS are neo-caridina.

Its kinds like that last one..how could I get something I never seen or purchased... Could it be a cross between a tiger and a rcs

I'd wager to say it's a variation of RCS. I have noticed that every now and then I get a few in my tank that have a pale stripe similar to what you're seeing and markings that appear tan, almost yellow in color. The wild form of Neocardina shrimp looks like this:

DSC_1095.jpg

Check out this link- http://www.myaquariumclub.com/neocaridina-shrimp-in-the-planted-aquarium-90.html

“Neocaridina heteropoda are the wild form of all the shrimp listed. This shrimp was formerly identified as ‘N. denticulata sinensis. The actual wild shrimp are found in China, Taiwan, and Northern Vietnam. The females can vary in color from brownish to an almost blue color, with brown saddles and eggs, while the males are mostly clear.”

Back
Top Bottom