Shrimp Molts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PsiPro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What do shrimp molts look like? Arn't they just clear? I just picked up a body thats red. This isn't a molt correct?

0 Nitrite
7.4-7.5 pH
0 Ammonia
Almost 0 Nitrate.

His tankmates are in my sig. What coulda killed him? I'm franticly looking for his brothers and sisters but dont see any yet.

i dont think anything in there would eat it. moults are usually a translucentish white

OK So I feel stupid. I just turned around to look at the tank and two of them flutter accrosee the pannel :/

Others are alive, and I wanna keep them that way. This body was found right up agasint the galss, not where they normally hangout, is possible the other fish moved it there.

Yea I have seen molts the fish think they are great fun.

The Danios used to play with the live ones till I got more danios, I have rarly seen them peck at the shrimp now, and its never a real chase, shrimp just hides.

Cherry shrimp are very small and your cory cats could easily eat them, as could the danios, for that matter, depending on how old they are. I would definitely make sure they have plenty of cover.

They do have plenty of cover and these are older, but not ancient. The body was intact as far as I could tell. I'm going to set up a shrimp only aquarium eventually.

Back
Top Bottom