Shrimp Pellets vs. Algae Wafers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksfishguy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it just me, or do Cory Cats go crazy over algae wafers and seem to ignore the shrimp pellets. I put one algae wafer in for the first time tonight, my four albino cory cats went ape!!!

My cories love algae wafers after they soften up. They first make a mess out of it, then go to town on it, lol.

When a feed my tank anything...or for that matter just open the top...my cories go right to where they expect the waffers to land and go to hunting (smart liittle buggers.)

They love em.

tetramin tablets

No I haven't...I prefer Ummm...geeze Its been a long night,cant quite remember or find the bag right now.Sorry lol...I'm not old old either.

Oreintal sounding name...starts with an H "I think"...someone gonna have to come along and help me out lol.

Never mind found it:

http://www.thatpetplace.com/images/b/p4996b.jpg

I'm finishing up a bag of "top fin" wafers right now,but I like the texture,size and color of these better....fwiw the fish don't seem to care.

It's kinda weird...although there is a pic of a cory on the cover of my shrimp pellets, mine will wait until they soften up until they become interested. That is of course, if my plecos don't gobble all of them up before they can get to them.

They despise the wafers.

my cory loves everything that makes it past my other fish to the bottom! Even frozen veggies

Your thinking of Hikari, and they are very good high quality food(s). My cories love both btw, but I have to feed after lights out since they do like the food softer.

ksfishguy said:
What about the Tetra "Crisps", they sound like a great idea?

Can't personally comment on them. You want to look at the ingredients list and look for lower quality components. Also look at the fat content and the phosphate levels.

Okay, experimenting with algae wafers, tetrafin tablets, and shrimp pellets. My dwarf gouramis go ape on the tetrafin tablets (as well as my bottom feeders.. My albino cory's and swordtails love the algae disks. It seems that my shrimp pellets weren't well taken to at first, but everybody seems to enjoy them now.

I used some of the tetrafin crisps, I recommend them for most fish over an inch. I have a few neons and they were not able to eat them before the hit the bottom, but my bottom feeders got after the leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom