Shrimps and Clams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urville

Aquarium Advice Freak
the only place i can find a good choice of shrimps is at azgardens.com but i hear horrible stories. anyone know of a good place for shrimpseses... eses. hmm..

also freshwater clams. again only at azgardens.com i like the price but fear the rep.

anyone?

some guys on this other board had a huge discussion all kinds of people posted emails from the company and were talking about how az charged one guy double for shipping, promised a chargeback and never made good, the bulk and majority said they got plants and fish and the consesus was about an 25% live rate with overnight shipping. it was alot of people too, talking about plants with wilting and browning leaves making your ordered bunch much smaller. and most shrimp are like at least 2 dollars and change each... EACH. and i'm not losing 75% on every order. and with that many unhappy people it makes me awfully nervous.

Not I, but I have heard of this site before. I can't recall, but I am pretty sure the person who mentioned it was happy.

8)
Aquaticplantdepot.com has the Japanese Gold Clams for .59 a piece.
and some nicely priced nerite snails.... hmmmm

I ordered enough plants and shrimp (three species) from AZ Gardens one time to build a 40g tank. The overnight charge was 50 bucks! The plants and shrimp only cost 75$ :roll: I about fainted when I got the invoice (thought shipping was going to be 35$). Two shrimp arrived DOA, but there were three extra shrimp thrown into the order, so I came out getting what I ordered. Thier plants, while healthy were on the small side in my opinion. I ordered large Swords, thinking they would be 12" with many leaves (as indecated on thier website). What I got was 5" tall swords with five leaves. I was a little disapointed. Should have been charged the small price, if thats what your shipping.

As far as shrimp costing 2-8 bucks. Some of this shrimp are imported or just starting to be bread in the US. Think of the mortality rate of fragile shrimp. Everyone is in business to make a buck. From the research I have done AZG seams resonable on thier shrimp prizes. Its the overnight shipping that really inflates thier price.

For anyone that has never kept shrimp before and is considering it. Go down to your LFS and get some cheap ghost shrimp. If you can keep ghost, you should have success with more exotic shrimp. No since in throwing money away on expensive shrimp, if you cant keep the cheap ones.

oh yeah i didnt mean to sound like i thought they inflated the price, just based on what i heard i'm not spending that much on shrimp for them to pass away mostly in shipping.
and your shipping cost story is widely reported by people who have used them.

Back
Top Bottom