Shrimps & Snails mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keflan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have seen some people say that their shrimp eats their snails and some say they have saw there shrimps clean the slime off their snails.

I seen other posts on other forums saying their MTS can defend against the snails and that some other snails get eaten.

What's your opinion on these?

I keep red cherry shrimps and amano shrimps with pond/assasins snails. I don't have any issues.

Pond snail population is decreasing overtime because assasins snails eat them.

I got myself a freshwater shrimp. I was told they are a little aggressive.

It depends of the shrimp brand... Some shrimps are bigger and more agressive... Something like red cherry won't do anything.

I'm not sure what brand it is. Just said it was freshwater. It's sort of a yellow-goldish.

My red cherry shrimp and malawa shrimp don't mess with my snails, but my ghost shrimp will tear my snails out of their shells. A bunch of them will stand on a snail (mts) and start digging into the shell. Once they get the snail out they start trying to chow down on it but one of the fish will come along and snag the snail from them. Then they repeat the process.

Okay I will have to do it later when I get home. Just on my way to the football match.

Looks like a amano. I have had them for a while. I had a HUGE one that was over 3" long. He would pull snails right out of their shells. But I have had many smaller ones that dont bother the snails.

Back
Top Bottom