shy clown loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

horsedogfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
About four months ago I bought a pair of clown loaches for my 30 gallon tall tank. It also has an angel, a red tailed shark, and a small cichlid with a long name. The tank is heavily planted (silk, not live) with lots of caves. But the clown loaches and the cichlid spend all their time living inside one of the fake rocks which are hollow, and provide a much better hiding place than the caves and plants. I only see them when I clean the tank and take all the "furniture" out to clean it. They are growing like weeds and their color has developed. They are gorgeous and I would really like to see them once in a while. Any suggestions on how to get them to swim during the day? Are loaches generally this shy?

Yes loaches can be shy and clown loaches are a schooling fish. You will see the much more often if you have 4+.:D

I wouldn't advise adding another clown loach. They can reach lengths of a foot. Clown loaches grow slow so as long as your is still small you could keep him until he gets a little bigger and then rehome him. The more you have the less they will hide but you'd need a large tank to house 4+ clown loaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom