Shy shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vespasianus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday I bought my betta Orion some new friends, 4 ghost shrimp. My current stock in this 5 gal is the betta, 1 nerite snail and the 4 ghost shrimp. I put the shrimp yesterday night and they haven't come out of their little cave yet. one of them came out, took a piece of an algae tablet and ran back to the cave again. Isthis something I should be worried about? The betta hasn't shown aggression to them, in fact he saw the antlers on one of them and he darted across the tank lol. So what do you think am I gonna have a problem with the shrimp or is this normal for the first few days?

probly just stress about the new home,
give them a little while.

probly just stress about the new home,
give them a little while.

Yeah the betta seems to be more afraid of them than they are of him but I'm just worried they are intimidated by him so much I won't get to see them that much. My betta is hilarious cause he's more flare than bite. He flares at my finger when I feed him, he flares at everything but he's afraid of the nerite and the shrimp go figure.

Well my questions were answered today when I woke up to one of the shrimp almost torn in half and my betta Orion at full flare chasing and terrorizing the rest :( . My betta gave me a clear message he doesn't want to share his tank with anything more than a snail. Now to find somewhere else to put the shrimp, and none of the nearby lf's are open today. I'll have a massacre by tonite in there :(.

You could add more hiding places but. That's a long shot

I took them out an made a little tank for them. The betta was chasing them even to the hiding places and taking shots at them. He just wanted them dead :(.

Back
Top Bottom