Siamese Fighter and my tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your betta is gorgeous! I love your tank setup :)

Thanks, I think I put a few too many plants in there, which I'll transfer to the big tank in a couple of weeks (quarantine, just incase of any illnesses), but he's a brilliant fish, he hasn't quite gotten used to me though... :)

There are quite a few possibilities why the shrimp died. Old age, unsucessful molt, poor water changes.

Hi 2cv, see you from Lancashire, I'm from Middlesbrough originally, where and what was the name of the shop, you bought your SSF from?...did they have many?...also how where they displayed..ie..how big where the bowls??

Regards
Jeff

Hi 2cv, see you from Lancashire, I'm from Middlesbrough originally, where and what was the name of the shop, you bought your SSF from?...did they have many?...also how where they displayed..ie..how big where the bowls??

Regards
Jeff

It's in Burnley on Curzon Street, I can't remember the name but it has a whole room filled with tanks filled with various fish of many breeds, but the last time I was there they only had 1 SFF in and it was pink... :)

They may have more in now, it varies day by day... :)

The second shrimp has passed away, same as before, pink, lifeless and dead... :(

But on a lighter note, do you think my SFF wants to be a dad? :confused: :

Attachments

• DSC00036.jpg
    DSC00036.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 43
Bubble nests mean that your betta is happy!!

If he's happy, I'm very happy!!! :mrgreen:

I was looking at some females today (one of which looked ill, she was severely bloated!!!), and was thinking about breeding them, but then thought against it cos I have no idea what to do and no idea where to keep them all!!! :lol:

I have a theory about why my shrimp died...

Back when I was trying to treat my two blue orandas, I had a little gravel in there to hold the plants I put in there in place, if the medicine contained copper, then the gravel would have become saturated in it, leaving it toxic to the shrimp, and could be the reason why my snails don't seem to grow past 4 or 5mm as they too have some of that gravel... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom