Siamese fighting fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daftdave

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello guys just wondering can anyone help me, I got amazing looking fighting fish for my tank over a week ago and I noticed yesterday that it's big fins had got very thin, it didn't look happy and it died today I'm not sure if it got attacked or not. I would love to get another one but will this keep happening

Mates are Molly's plattys silver dollars clown loaches and guppies, I'm new to this so if you mean is tank matured well it is goin since beginning of march, and sorry don't under stand last one you said sorry

The parameters are the levels of ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. Do you have a test kit to check those levels?
And cycling is giving the tank an ammonia source and allowing the beneficial bacteria that converts ammonia into less toxic forms to grow.
And also, with guppies in there, I wouldn't keep a Betta. Guppies can be nippy, and a Betta will often attack them because of the guppies' long, colorful tails.

O sorry now I understand you yes I have test kit and keeping regular checks and doing water changes every 3 days, I didn't notice the guppies causing any hassle but there are two mollies that iv noticed nipping at the silver dollars and chasing the plattys

Ok would you recommend anything else like that tho, I would like something graceful like the fighting fish

Moved to Freshwater and Brackish - General Discussion.

How big is your tank? We need to know that in order to suggest any suitable tankmates. :)

Sometimes mollies can be rather feisty. If its just a bit of chasing, its not a big deal, but if they are actually damaging the other fish then you should intervene. You can try rearranging all the decor in the tank. Sometimes that helps.
As for tankmates, perhaps a honey gourami or paradise gourami. I don't suggest another betta.

Back
Top Bottom