Sick female betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahsteels83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all I'm new to this forum after hours of scrolling threw the Internet to try an find out what is wrong with my female fighter, normally she is a very friendly fish always out looking threw the tank at me an coming to greet me when I approach it, good appetite an one of the first to come out at feed time an waiting if I'm late etc,
Anyway yesterday an today I noticed she's hiding an not coming out, not eating, she's under a fake log an staying im under there, she's swollen round her gill area an the more I look at her an read on the Internet the more I'm thinking she has dropsy.. Her scales aren't sticking out like a pine cone too bad but they look like they are slightly risen, I took her out earlier to take a good look at her an she's not herself at all, when I put her back in the tank she hid behind the heater then went back to her place under the log, Iv two other females an one male which are all happy feeding etc,
Am I right? Any advice appreciated many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also I would take her out permanently an quarantine her but I haven't got another tank apart from one I bought on sat which is still developing an has neons in

That is what my first betta had and I tried betta fix and my water parameter s were fine. I think I might of over fed her plus I tried the Blanched pea to help take away constipation. Then I had her go a few days no food plus I treated the water with Epson salt . I finally humanly had to put her down she was miserable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tested water all fine, she was in hiding again last night an iv had a quick look this morning as I was going out to work, couldn't see her but I'm only at wrk for a hour so will check her when I get back in half hour, I am fearing the worst she's in a community tank an she didn't eat yesterday so I think even if I do the peas she won't come out to eat it, is there any way I could quarantine her? Iv a new tank but it's only been running since sat an only has neons in

Well she's still here! Swelling not as noticeable...maybe she was constipated... But she's still hiding, iv noticed she hasn't gone up for air today, but I haven't sat an watched it all day, Any ideas folks?

I haven't seen, iv noticed a small mark on her side last night after taking these photos, I could really do with quarantine for her incase she's getting bullied, I couldn't see for long enough but it looks like a small hole

Back
Top Bottom