Sick guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Use salt and turn your water heat up (info is online) I just treated about 10 and they are all fine now :)

It's about 1table spoon for 5g and I raised my water to 84.. Nothing to be scared about, but you need aquarium salt.. I wouldn't use house salt

The temp? How much salt? My tank is 46 gallon. Would it effect the other fish?

Turn your heat up to 86 over the course of 6-8 hours and add an airstone to increase surface agitation because heat will depleted the oxygen levels faster. Add 1 level TBSP of aquarium salt per 10g (might be 5g) of water. Salt isn't needed but it will help relieve stress. Read that article to help way more!!!

This should help you out.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/ich-ick-white-spot-or-whatever-else-you-call-it/

I'm confused! I already have an air stone. It's about 8 inches...the air stone that is!

Okay good then just crank the heat up to 86 slowly. Watch the fish and inverts as your doing this for any signs of stress and stop if they seem super stressed. Don't worry, you will be fine

How will I know if they are stressed?

Only you will know that. They may sink.to the bottom or linger near the surface for air or start swimming rapidly or much more. I don't know your fishes habits so I can't tell you a positive answer

Back
Top Bottom