Sick white cloud!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davidsoccer22

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have a few white clouds and one of them has red spots on it and is struggling to swim.
Please Help!

How long have you had the fish?

What size aquarium?

What are your water parameters?

How often do you do a PWC?

Is the tank cycled?

What other fish are in the tank?

How many?

Davidsoccer22 said:
Have a few white clouds and one of them has red spots on it and is struggling to swim.
Please Help!

Search the Internet to ID it as best you can and go from there, hopefully someone with more experience with this particular disease will come along to help. More often then not a more natural approach is better then medication, but sometimes not, if it happens to be a fungus of types jungles makes an excellent fungus eliminator. Keeping clean water will also help alot and not using lights just natural indirect sunlight will help reduce stress alot and give the fish as less stress as possible

You could try isolating the sick fish to another tank and try a product called Melafix, without knowing what the disease is I'm not sure. Sorry to hear
About your fish, wish I could be of more help! Good luck!

I have had them for about a year the water is fine the tank is 25 gallons and is in good condition

I have had them for about a year the water is fine the tank is 25 gallons and is in good condition

Could you be just a little bit more descriptive on your water parameters please? It's a huge difference if it's 20 ppm nitrates v. 60 ppm nitrates. Also are you by any chance using strips???

There is the problem...20 ppm ammonia is super high, it can easily kill any fish, you are very lucky that they are alive, white clouds are enduring fish. Are you sure you didn't mean 2 ppm?

The ammonia is definately very bad news. Do a large PWC immediately.

Also, can you post a photo?

It sounds like Septocemia, which is curbable with antibiotics, but its hard to tell by your description.

Davidsoccer22 said:
I meant 0.2ppm and the tank is 2 weeks old

Keep a water change routine fairly regular your doing a fish in cycle you tank has not established a bacteria colony yet to eat ammonia, read eco's thread on fishless cycle on this forum and the search for a fish in tank cycle to give you all the information needed on a proper cycle they should be stickies

I can't get a picture but if you give me a list of symptoms, I could figure it out

I meant 0.2ppm and the tank is 2 weeks old

You say you have had the tank for about a year...could you give us the history of occupants and how long they have been in the tank? What has been in there and what hasn't? It is possible that if there was a long period where there were no fish the bacteria could have starved to death. Did you by chance change the filter media?

The tank is 2 weeks old and the other occupants are 4 neon tetras, 4 black tetras and about 6 white clouds

bruinsbro1997 said:
You say you have had the tank for about a year...could you give us the history of occupants and how long they have been in the tank? What has been in there and what hasn't? It is possible that if there was a long period where there were no fish the bacteria could have starved to death. Did you by chance change the filter media?
The fish were a year old in another tank of his and he set up this new 25 gallon doing a fish in cycle if I'm understanding correctly

Davidsoccer22 said:
The tank is 2 weeks old and the other occupants are 4 neon tetras, 4 black tetras and about 6 white clouds

Are the white cloud mountain minnows? I believe they are cold-sub tropical fish and the others are tropicals , what's the temperature of your aquarium?

Back
Top Bottom