sigh.. aggression problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Well, i wish i had a million tanks and then i could keep every type of fish i wanted, but i don't and i can't sooo..here it is.
When i first got my tank i just bought what "pretty" fish i wanted without thought to what would be, and of coure, much of it has changed since i first began. Now i see that i am beginning to have problems with both my killifish and my bala shark.

The killifish gulps anything big enough to fit in his mouth and, in all honestly i never see him since he's always at the top, so returning him is not a problem

I have always been one to love color in an aquarium which is why the rainbow shark caught my eye. But now he is bullying the bala shark. And the Bala Shark has been sickly ever since i got him, i don't think he's happy or healthy, which is why i am considering returning him as well.

This is not the first time ive brought fish back, when i finally decided to get Angel fish I had to return my Rosy Barbs, which i found can get just as big as the angels.

So with that, my only question is to ask of advice, look at my current stocking and tell me what i can do. I really don't want to get rid of anything else but the kili and the bala, as I am very happy with the rest of my stocking arrangements

Thank you, and sorry for being so long.

yeah, after i set up my tank i started researching immediately, visiting forums, websites, reading articles.. then i found this site, the only one i joined and by far, the best on the web. And i have begun doing research on fish before i buy them. I have also learned that you can't depend on one website to tell you everything you need. If i find contradicitng information on two articles then i take that to mean the fish may behave that way, and it may not. (such as aggressiveness and etc) Because up until now i had no problem with the killifish and almost every website says that they are peaceful and "great community fish" yeah.. except for whatever fits in its mouth.

well, I returned the Killifish and my balashark for some credit. And i got 8 Serpae Tetra's.. they are so lively looking. The guy at the fish store discouraged me from even getting rummy nose tetra's, he said even those might get eaten by a full grown angel (although mine are still small) He suggested the Serpae's because they get a little bigger and are a bit tougher. Man, they stick together like glue! Im really glad i got them, very colorful.

I know exactly what you mean Ashley

school.jpg

They hang together like this all the time...

:mrgreen: yeah, im very happy with my purchase, schools are so cool.

Back
Top Bottom