silicone 1 or 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilikefishes

Aquarium Advice Freak
Which one of these can be used in aquariums for sinking driftwood causing no harm to my aquatic life?

Thank you!

i have GE1 100%. I can't really tell if it has mold additives or not. It says it wont mold up like caulk will, but that's not very detailed.

Yeh. GE1 is what i used for the baffles in my sump. Sturday and my livestock are doing fine to this day. But like others said, definitely let it cure for a little while.

I see let it cure for seven days from Crepe, that seems a little long. I've had it curing for about 17 hours now. How much longer? I'm stoked to finally have my driftwood in.

I just did a sump with GE 1 (Kitchen & door). For the first 3-4 days, there was still a faint vinegar smell in the tank, indicating curing silicone. It is gone now after 5 days. But I am waiting the full 7 days just to be sure.

So you have a ways to go at 17 hours .... :)

yeah, well i'm going to have to restart because I left the curing piece on the floor near my TV and forgot it was there while adjusting the volume (need to find my remote) and tripped on it, it broke off. It wasn't the silicone's strength, it tore a very thin layer of slate off. I peeled the majority off but I'm too lazy to reseal it tonight. I'll do it friday on my day off. (bummed out.)

Back
Top Bottom