Silly Bristlenose Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggs180

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've just aquired an Albino bristlenose pleco for my tank, but I have a silly question. I've never kept an Algae eater besides shrimp, is there any way I can tell if my BN is eating the algae in my tank? Right now hes rapidly swimming around the walls of the tank, stopping for a bit then moving again. i see his mouth moving, but i cant quite tell if hes eating.

I noticed in the store, all the BN's they kept were very idle, and not moving. Can i safely assume that if hes not moving around, it means theres no algae for him to eat?

mine "pick" at the tank, its like a huge dessert bar, you never stay at one thing for long...would say he's just having fun and doing what he should

Just keep an eye on him. If he looks malnourished he probably is. You should supplement his diet with blanched green vege and other types of food. Mine get shrimp pellets, algae wafers, peas, beans, brine shrimp, blood worms and flake food.

I have a BN and he usually see him eating when the lights are off or at night. They dig being more ingognito when the other silly fish are out in the open, but when you get a chance observe your tank when the lights are off, and there isn't much light in the room. you know the saying "the freaks come out at night?" here is a prime example.

Back
Top Bottom