Silly?? question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is the best way to blanch zucchini for my tanks & roughly how much is enough to feed residents but not contaminate water
70g - 5 angels 20 corys 6" pleco
30g - multiple rcs
70g - 12/18 tetra 2 upside down cats (I think, haven't seen since added to tank a week ago)hoplo cat 11 amano shrimp 6" pleco
75g - 18" knife 6" pleco
65g - b&b plate size oscar 6" pleco
125g - 12 & 10" pleco 2 african split fins 12 or so kribs various sizes 30+++.platy all sizes

Best way to blanch it: Boil water, pour it on a slice or chunk of zucchini. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Take the zucchini out and put it in ice water. Drop it in the tank.

As for how much. This going to depend entirely on the fish. My 40 gallon with my mollies will eat an entire full-sized zucchini in minutes. I have otos that will nibble on a slice for about an hour and then ignore it. My 20 gallon with mollies won't touch zucchini but will eat the hell out of summer squash. (I do not understand my fish. If I take the fish from the 20 and put them in the 40 they'll like zucchini.) So, put a half a zucchini in a tank. Take it out after 4-6 hours if they don't like it. Also try summer squash or cucumber. None of my fish like cucumber particularly, but it's worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom