Silly things my betta does...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenNewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had to tap their tank when a betta is asleep draped head down on a plant or decoration, just to make sure the fish is sleeping, not dead. I bought a large snail shell as a sanctuary for the ghost shrimp in the betta tank. I did a water change today and the shell got turned opening up instead of to the side. When I got up for lunch, the betta was asleep with his head inside the shell and just his tail sticking out. I had to call a couple of co-workers over to laugh at him. Five minutes later, he was sitting in the shell with just his head sticking out. Meanwhile, the shrimp has claimed the plastic cave as his own...

That is too cute!

Yes, I do sometimes have to tap on the tank to make sure my betta is alive, lol.

One time I bought an aquarium book at a bookstore and the clerk that rang it up told me a funny story about her betta. When ever company comes over he plays dead. He sees unfamiliar people walk through the door, and turns on his side at either the bottom or the top of the bowl. Her company would be like, your fish is dead, she'd be like no he's just playing dead.

I have male bettas (kept separately) and female bettas in a 10 gallon tank. One of my male bettas has a cute but weird sleeping habit. He likes to sleep with his head or body underneath his artificial plant. The first time I noticed this was when I looked inside his home and I couldn't see him and I started getting concerned, and then when he saw me, he came out from underneath his plant, happy as can be. I have had bettas that like to sleep on the bottom or at the top, or some bettas who like to rest on the fake plants. I have one female betta who sleeps vertically, but she looks fine. She usually sleeps behind the filter in my 10 gallon tank. Also, bettas tend to be lazy and sleep 60% of the time and swim around the other 40% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom