Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-27-2004, 06:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to JenNewbie
Silly things my betta does...

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had to tap their tank when a betta is asleep draped head down on a plant or decoration, just to make sure the fish is sleeping, not dead. I bought a large snail shell as a sanctuary for the ghost shrimp in the betta tank. I did a water change today and the shell got turned opening up instead of to the side. When I got up for lunch, the betta was asleep with his head inside the shell and just his tail sticking out. I had to call a couple of co-workers over to laugh at him. Five minutes later, he was sitting in the shell with just his head sticking out. Meanwhile, the shrimp has claimed the plastic cave as his own...

75 gal tank: 2 discus, 1 blue dwarf gourami, 1 male blue gourami, 1 male gold gourami, 1 female platinum gourami, 1 kissing gourami, 2 balloon mollys, 1 sailfin molly, 1 black neon tetra, 1 white cloud, 1 T-bone rasbora, 14 dwarf neon rainbows, 2 leopard danios, 1 female betta, 1 male betta, 1 clown loaches, 1 clown pleco, 1 pit bull pleco, 1 dojo loach, 1 golden apple snail, 4 corys
JenNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:30 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
That is too cute!

Yes, I do sometimes have to tap on the tank to make sure my betta is alive, lol.

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
lmw80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to blackpuddle Send a message via MSN to blackpuddle Send a message via Yahoo to blackpuddle
One time I bought an aquarium book at a bookstore and the clerk that rang it up told me a funny story about her betta. When ever company comes over he plays dead. He sees unfamiliar people walk through the door, and turns on his side at either the bottom or the top of the bowl. Her company would be like, your fish is dead, she'd be like no he's just playing dead.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
One of my bettas likes to play dead on the bottom of the tank too..lol.

Must be a betta thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/kyman_33/sig.jpg
oscarbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have male bettas (kept separately) and female bettas in a 10 gallon tank. One of my male bettas has a cute but weird sleeping habit. He likes to sleep with his head or body underneath his artificial plant. The first time I noticed this was when I looked inside his home and I couldn't see him and I started getting concerned, and then when he saw me, he came out from underneath his plant, happy as can be. I have had bettas that like to sleep on the bottom or at the top, or some bettas who like to rest on the fake plants. I have one female betta who sleeps vertically, but she looks fine. She usually sleeps behind the filter in my 10 gallon tank. Also, bettas tend to be lazy and sleep 60% of the time and swim around the other 40% of the time.

Tags
betta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com