Silver arowana problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yakdagnals

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just recently purchased a juvenile silver Arowana and I have not seen him eat once yet I'm not sure if it's that he's not eating or if he's eating when m asleep any help/advice is greatly appreciated

Details would be nice... Correct me if im wrong, but an arrowanna in anything less than 175 is a no-no.... And if you are feeding it flakes or pellets, most likely it doesnt seem like food. Try other food/relocation.

Okay, after some research, arowanas get up to 4 feet long, so unless you have a nice 2000 gallon tank (in which case, can I come over?) I would return it or euthanize it... Theres a great article about that in the unhealthy section.

My arowana is only about 3 and a half inches long in a 90 gallon tank he will be moved once he's a bit bigger and I'm feeding it krill

There are minnows in the tank with it witch a few did disappear last night but I have no way of knowing if he ate them or not

Oh gotcha. Um maybe try crickets as they tend to feed from the surface

My old one liked blood worms and krill before I got him over to flake.

I have a feeling I'll be buying a few differnt types of food tomorrow haha

There are minnows in the tank with it witch a few did disappear last night but I have no way of knowing if he ate them or not

Well, if they're not in the tank or dried up on the floor, then the he ate them.
Arowanas are such cool fish, you'll be able to keep them in the 90g for a while. Years ago I would buy them very small and grow them till they were about 7-8 inches and re-home them. Eventually they will outgrow any tank you give them. Make sure you keep a tight cover on your tank, they are jumpers by nature, I lost a couple that way.

Back
Top Bottom