Silver Dollars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay63

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have an established 75 gallon tank with only 3 silver dollars as occupants at the moment. Would love to add some bottom feeders as well as many other fish to the tank as possible. Anyone with any silver dollar experience have any suggestions? Would like a mixture of a large variety of smaller schooling fish if possible. The 3 silver dollars are full grown.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I know they get big I've had two 6 and 7 inch ones in my 60 which was too small of a tank and they grow fast also, for now I would go for a pleco. How big are they?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can only speak from my experience. I had the same size tank. Over the years kept them with...

Oscar
Geophagus
Blood Parrots
Pleco
silver shark
green tiger barbs
rosey barbs
catfish (the kind that swim upside down)
catfish (silver with pokadots)
Electric Blue Jack Dempsey
Clown Loaches
Angel fish
Dojo Loaches
Giant Danios

Silver dollars are great. They are so peaceful, I've never had problems keeping them with any fish. Let us know how it goes.

This is what i have to work with. uploadfromtaptalk1443440741061.jpg

Going to add some floating fake plants and other cover down below still. 300 watt heater is down in overflow. Silver Dollars are full grown. Approximately 6" each.

Hi I kept mine with tinfoils, and larger barbs, syno cats {Decorus and Greshoffi}Plecs, they are pretty peaceful but did find mine a little nervy. Nice looking tank by the way nice and colourfull:cool:

These 3 are definitely skittish. Need to add more cover for them to hide.

I currently have 4 smaller size Silver Dollars in a 75 gal tank.
Their tank mates are Parrots, a little clown loach and 2 Firemouths. They all get along.

Added a few more things. Still need their tank mates.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1443837622392.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1443837622392.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 68
Lol sorry pic upside down.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1443837768965.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1443837768965.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom