silver dollars bumping and fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbimflyer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, just noticed a bit of unusual behavior by my 2 biggest silver dollars. They have been getting along fine since I added the 2nd one I got from my friend. They are in a 55 Gal bow with 2 smaller silver dollars and some other smaller semi-aggressives. I was away a couple of days and hadn't fed them so I don't know if they might've been pissed at me and were taking it out on each other, but once the food started falling I thought it would stop but even after they both ate quite a bit they still kept knocking their heads into each others sides. Also i've noticed that the one I had originally is missing some of its fins area, so my question is do you think the other big guy is doing it? because none of the other 3 have any signs of fins issues. lastly unfortunately I don't know what sex these are. thanks for any help or suggestions.

I don't think the fish are "pissed" at you. This is unusual behavior for silver dollars, only thing I can think of is that you don't have enough of them? They do better in groups.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom