Silver Hatchetfish Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

40galreef

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently got 2 silver hatchetfish for my 40 gallon community tank. What should I be feeding him? I just have staple food now. Thanks!

Mine loved mysis shrimp :) just make sure its right in front of their noses or they will never find it...

Hatchets only eat from the surface. So if you feed frozen food cubes make sure you break them into tiny pieces and do not thaw. This will give them time to get it.

Don't quote me on this but I believe hatchets need a school of 5 or more

Awesome fish! They are some of my favorite in the tank. The look real neat with moonlight too, with all the shimmering they produce

JRMagno said:
Hatchets only eat from the surface. So if you feed frozen food cubes make sure you break them into tiny pieces and do not thaw. This will give them time to get it.

Don't quote me on this but I believe hatchets need a school of 5 or more

Awesome fish! They are some of my favorite in the tank. The look real neat with moonlight too, with all the shimmering they produce

I thought non defrosted foods were bad for fish since they're ectothermic and it could drop their core temperature?

Back
Top Bottom