silver shark missing a fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hello my silver shark is missing its front left fin i noticed today it isnt happy will it die from this injury or do fins grow back? my tank has 2 small silver sharks 2 small angels 8 neon tetra my bamboo shrimp also has what looks to be a hole in its shell but it has matled recently so that might be why. plse help

What size tank do you have? water parameters? Just to make sure, is the silver shark a bala shark?
If the fin still has a nub, it should grow back. But, a bigger issue would be potential aggression tat resulted in the fin being nipped off in the first place.

tank is 63 gallons and it still has a stump what do you think nipped the fin? water is all ok

tank is 63 gallons and it still has a stump what do you think nipped the fin? water is all ok
I don't really know. Some angels can be jerks even in large tanks. The balas can also have disagreements, but I think an angel is a more likely culprit. Just a guess though.
As long as you are really careful about clean water, then the fin should just grow back. Let us know if anything changes though or if the fin nub develops white edges or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom