Simple question,simple answer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is there such a thing a too many water changes?

Most of you know me by now :) and yes.... I suffer from OCD. I did three water changes in a week. Mon, Wed and tonight. No reason just OCD kicked in. I did a 50%, 50% the last was 25%. Am I hurting anything? Disrupting anything. I'm trying hard not to test like I was. 3x's a day but now I find myself doing water changes a lot and with the python I'm done in 10-15. I scrub the glass even if it's spotless. My wife says the glass and water are crystal clear but I don't see it :( its the OCD

Just want to make sure I'm not harming anything. I use Prime every time. It's hard when you have OCD!! Sometimes I wake up from a dead sleep and I'm like I wonder what the water temp is or what the conditions are, did I lose a fish, is every fish ok, are the filters running ok, air stones working. Then BAM!! Water change at 3:30am.

Stinks but it's what I deal with day to day. lol you should see my apartment and truck!! Talk about clean?!

Wow lol.

I think there is such thing as too many, but three times in a week isn't too many I don't think lol. : p

Just chill. ;)

George9 said:
Wow lol.

I think there is such thing as too many, but three times in a week isn't too many I don't think lol. : p

OCD... It's good and bad. It's hard but I'm trying...

Convict2161 said:
OCD... It's good and bad. It's hard but I'm trying...

Alot of people suffer from OCD, your not alone!

It is nice to have a neat desk and a clean room though. :D

Well I don't have OCD but I do water changes on my 3 tanks at least every second day sometimes every day. (1 overstocked tank, one QT which I like to refresh to cleanse the new fish and one shrimp tank that I currently don't have a filter on)

I think unless the fish are stressed out by the change then it's fine to do as often as you want. My fish are used to it and come up to greet my hand as soon as the siphon goes in now. :)

cheeky_monkey said:
Well I don't have OCD but I do water changes on my 3 tanks at least every second day sometimes every day. (1 overstocked tank, one QT which I like to refresh to cleanse the new fish and one shrimp tank that I currently don't have a filter on)

I think unless the fish are stressed out by the change then it's fine to do as often as you want. My fish are used to it and come up to greet my hand as soon as the siphon goes in now. :)

I think it's fine too. It's good to do water changes every other day

Back
Top Bottom