Simple questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the shrimp pellets, I always feed 1 per bottom feeder (fish) I have and I throw a few in for my shrimp, snails, and dwarf cray in as well. It will be pretty obvious if you're feeding too much. :) I, personally, only feed algae wafers a couple of times a week. It helps them keep my tank a little cleaner since they love to have some roughage.

So if I have 4 Cory's and then 2 panda garras, 6 shrimp pellets them 2 crushed wafers a week?

How are you going to cycle the tank? That's something you need to figure out. There's fishless and fish-in and pros and cons to both. If you set up the tank and add fish it needs to cycle which means you'll need to do daily testing and water changes for a while. You also couldn't add all of those fish at once. This link might answer some of your questions: Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Yes I know about cycling and plan on doing a fishless. And I plan on adding 1 species a week and the rumynose and gbr last.

Just to make sure, is this a good method for a weekly water change?
1- remove 8-9 bucketfuls of tank water (1.3 gallon ice cream pale
2- fill the 1.3 gallon bucket with water, then add the conditioner, repeat 9-10 times
Do I need to to anything after? And how often should I gravel vaccume?

Just to make sure, is this a good method for a weekly water change?
1- remove 8-9 bucketfuls of tank water (1.3 gallon ice cream pale
2- fill the 1.3 gallon bucket with water, then add the conditioner, repeat 9-10 times
Do I need to to anything after? And how often should I gravel vaccume?

If your tank isn't planted you should gravel vac weekly with WC's. If it's planted you can vac only open areas of substrate but don't get to close to plants as you can damage roots.

For a tank that size you might want to invest in an automatic water changer; it hooks up to your faucet so you can drain and refill without needing buckets.

+1 on this! I spend enough time at the chiropractor. Lifting those bleeping buckets was killing me. The automatic water changer was the best investment ever.

Also, I buy frozen brine shrimp and bloodworm cubes and the fish get them a few times a week. I feel like it brightens up their colors.

Is it ok to add the water conditioner after you fill the tank up with water?.... Because wouldn't the chlorine and stuff be harmfull to just add back to the tank withought conditioning first?

Is it ok to add the water conditioner after you fill the tank up with water?.... Because wouldn't the chlorine and stuff be harmfull to just add back to the tank withought conditioning first?

If you use a bucket, you add the conditioner to the bucket. If you use a water changer, you put the conditioner into the tank as you start to fill it.

Back
Top Bottom