Simply LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ricky 1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have bought a roll of led lights for the tank, I want to create moonlight so I can see my bottom dwellers at night, it also comes with a remote to change to different colours from white light to blue's, dark blues, yellows, reds, etc.

I would like your thoughts on it please...........

Sounds fine, what are your concerns?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Having never used them I was wondering what ip65 rated led strip only mean? and would the lights affect my other fish, ie; Angels etc. thanks........

Last edited:
Looks like ip65 is waterproof, so that's fine, I gave them a dummy run on the lounge floor and they are fantastic, can't wait to get them in..........

Having never used them I was wondering what ip65 rated led strip only mean? and would the lights affect my other fish, ie; Angels etc. thanks........

I used some of the ip65 rated ones, with the remote as well, DO NOT put them inside the tank! They will only work for a week or two.

I have a glass lid, so after the majority failed, I ended up using the working remainder to stretch across the top (on the outside) of the glass lid. They have been working on the outside for several months now.

The ad I bought them from (Amazon and eBay) said they were waterproof, but even if the connection remains on the outside of the tank, they will stop working in a week or two.

My hood has filter and t8 lights so it has to go in side, this one does say it's waterproof, I will keep an eye on it and save the box, thanks for letting me know...........

Back
Top Bottom