Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissGurnus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So as some of you might have heard sini and i were just married a little over a week ago and have started working on some of our tanks that will be with us. We don't have pictures just yet but we will be posting them soon! We will have 3 tens, two 20's, a 29, 50, and a 55 xD

We love our fIsh! :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

And it has BEGUN.... Madness. Cant wait to see.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I hope to be causing/taking space in the MTS soon!:popcorn:
GBRS when you wish! Enjoy and get settled in you two!
I have heard it can be a "bumpy ride" from Mrs. Bandit!:brows:

I hope to be causing/taking space in the MTS soon!:popcorn:
GBRS when you wish! Enjoy and get settled in you two!
I have heard it can be a "bumpy ride" from Mrs. Bandit!:brows:

Just waiting for the tank to cycle at this point!!

Unfortunately im waiting on a job transfer before me and our son can officially move down :/ it gives us more time to prepare the tanks e have to move tho

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Yes, I will post pics tomorrow of the 10 gallon we just set up for some of CB's beautiful GBR :D Also of the dresser/29 gallon stand we picked up!

We still haven't recieved our 50 gallon but we have a 40 breeder stand and we're crossing our fingers it'll fit the 50 (the dimensions are very close). We'll be using it for all the fish currently in the 29, to expand the community with more loaches as well as some rainbowfish. The 55 arrives in the fall and we'll be using it to adopt a big, neglected oscar from the university :)

Pictures at last!

Here it comes! Not sure how I'm gonna format this post, may come out in a bunch of posts- based mods forgive me!
Here's the 10 gallon that we just set up for Coralbandit's rams. Ann and I decided to stick with freshwater instead of doing the reef tank we were considering for this tank. Coralbandit made that decision easy since I'm a sucker for good ram cichlids :lol:
Next is the same tank but with the piece of driftwood that'll finish off the aquascape and soften the water for the rams. The water comes out of the tap in the new apartment around 3 KH and 130 ppm TDS, much better for south american fish! We also have access to RO water from the university, which is walking distance from the new apartment :)
Following that is the dresser that will double as a 29 gallon stand. We may or may not have prioritized the stand aspect over actual dresser space.... who needs clothes when you have a breeding pair of pinoy blue angelfish? :lol::fish2: All the fish currently in my wife's 29 will be moved to a 50 gallon where we'll add some more loaches and some rainbowfish. The 29, along with all the 20 and 10 gallons, will be in our room (we currently have the 20s and two of the 10's already there)
And finally, the hopeful 50 gallon stand! It's a stand for a 40 breeder which has close to the same dimensions as a 50 gallon. We're hoping it fits since it was so cheap but if we have to we'll return it and figure something else out. If my friend remembers, we'll be getting that tank today! It's in a very central location where we can show of Flint and the kubotai loaches, Ann's and my favorite fish!

Attachments

• 112_0155.jpg
    112_0155.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 112_0156.jpg
    112_0156.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 112_0158.jpg
    112_0158.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 112_0159.jpg
    112_0159.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 188
Wayne the Wedding Betta

Finally, here's Wayne the wedding betta! We named him Wayne because he's a halfmoon doubletail, and halfmoon made Ann think of a waning moon- hence, Wayne. He's currently in the heavily planted 10 gallon (formerly home to some dwarf puffers) with the tiny schistura loach- or at least, I thought it was a schistura but now I'm fairly certain it's actually a fish from a closely related genus, aborichthys. In any case, the loach is quite peaceful, and Wayne seems to get along with him nicely (for a male betta). The tank is so heavily planted that the loach can definitely avoid the betta completely. When they have run into each other, Wayne likes to flare and posture at the loach, show him who is the boss, and then turn off without attacking. The loach has yet to appear even phased by Wayne's posturing, let alone backing down or swimming away :lol: This is my first betta in at least 6 years and I'm thrilled to have one again.

Attachments

• 112_0160.jpg
    112_0160.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 186
Stocking plans/changes for all of the tanks (nearly everything is going to be revamped in at least some way):
New 10 gallon: A pair of GBR from Coralbandit! :D

29 gallon: This will be the tank for our pair of pinoy blue angelfish, currently in our 20 south american, that were a gift from the wonderful PoppaRyno :D

20 gallon "south american": Up in the air. We'd like to have a 20 gallon set aside for raising angelfish and/or ram fry, but we don't know if we'll clear this 20 gallon out for that, or get a new one. We'd have to either buy a whole new setup or find a home for a bunch of glolight tetras and some corydoras (If you're interested in those, PM me)

10 gallon planted betta: We're thinking about moving the kuhli loaches from the 29 gallon community into this tank to make more space in the 50 gallon, since it already has so many planned bottom dwellers. Thoughts?

New 50 gallon community: This is the one we're really excited about, our future pride and joy; all the fish from Ann's 29 gallon community except maybe the kuhli loaches; and then add some more angelicus loaches and some rainbowfish. 1 angelfish, 5 platys, 5 bronze corydoras, 5 angelicus loaches, and 10 ogilby's rainbowfish.
We're still debating about whether or not to use real plants in this one- I want some hardy real plants (java moss+fern, jungle vals, etc), she wants fake. Personally I think we'd spend less on a decent light for real plants, plus trimmings and packages from users here, than we would on all the fake plants. (There's a 36" 2-bulb T5HO in the bargain bin at the local petsmart for $50!) But fake would be a lot easier and I'm still not the best at maintaining plants. If you guys have thoughts we're open to persuasion on this :)

New 55 gallon: The rescue oscar from the university! We won't have this tank till september and it'll take us some time to afford all the other stuff before we can set up for him. Truth be told it could be quite a while before we can take him in, sadly....

10 gallon QT/guppies: Not much change. We are picking up a new hood for it! (Good riddance, garbage incandescents!)

20 gallon shellie tank: The only tank that isn't going to change at all. I love this tank too much to change it ;) We might add some more shells as needed but otherwise we're just going to let the multis do what they do :)

We're really excited for all the new tanks and revamps, and we hope you guys enjoy following along with us. We should be in this place for at least 5 years, if not longer, so we can finally feel comfortable setting up more and bigger tanks :D

welcome to tank overload. LOL, Sounds like a heck of a plan in place.

Tank overload? Makes it sound like too many tanks, but there's no such thing ;) A fishkeeper can never have too many tanks, only not enough space and not enough time :lol: (I should put that in my sig)

Also, my friend forgot the 50 gallon again :facepalm: Anybody have a 50 gallon and want to give me a precise footprint so I can stop worrying if the stand will fit? I know it's almost the same as a 40 breeder, but I'm nervous that it'll be off by an inch or two.

Indeed i do. Got one in the garage. just gimme a few to measure.

30"w x 18"d x 24.5"h

At those msrmnts AQ Calculator says 55gl. It was given to me as a 50gl and ive filled it several times at 50gls..... Hmmmm?

30"w x 18"d x 24.5"h

That's weird, I thought it was closer to 36x18. I'm hoping for less than 36.5"x18.5" footprint, since that's what the maximum for the stand is. But 30x18 wouldn't fit at all...

Back
Top Bottom