Sinking Pellets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_fanatic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone name a good brand of sinking pellets that actually sink? The reason that I am asking is because I have tried various sinking pellets made by Big Als and they just dont sink, or they float for way to long and end up getting eaten by other fish.

Thanks

I use cichlid pellets--the can is red and says "cichlid attack" or something like that. This brand has pellets of different sizes. My cichlids love them. I also have algae wafers that sink right away--cichlids and plecos enjoy them.
What fish are you feeding with sinking pellets?

I have Ocean Nutrition's Formula One pellets and the sink after like one second. if I drop them hard they sink immediately.
Wardley's Shrimp pellets are the other ones. I also have two types of sinking wafer omnivore and algae. (Only my tetras eat the Wardley's after they soften...go figger)

i have sinking algae wafers for my cory cats, but it seems the other fih go crazy for them. I've found I do need to kind of toss them in to break the surface tension of the water, otherwise they just float on top.

Thanks for the info guys. I need sinking pellets b/c i feed my fish flakes and such, which get eaten so quickly that the clown loaches and corries dont get anything (or at least it doesnt look like they get any). I'll try one of the branks mentioned. Will clowns and corries eat algae wafers?? Thats what I feed my Plecos.

My clown loaches LOVE algae wafers; its the one food guaranteed to make em click every time.

O i'll try some algae wafers see what hapens. Oh and the pellets that I,ve tried are Big Als Sinking Sticks, they dont sink at all.

I use the Hikari Algae Wafers and they seem to sink pretty well. I usually break them in half and drop them pointy-end first into the water, and they go down quickly. The shrimp pellets I bought do sink well, but unfortunately, nobody eats them.

Back
Top Bottom