skating and fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoodla dollas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my roomates and frineds always skate in our house, i dont care but i was wondering how healthy it is for the fish in my room. its pretty loud and being an old apartment shakes the floor a lot. if it is bad for my fish i'm not afraid to end the indoor sessions. thanks

I just got a great image of a tank decorated with a skateboard, and an Oscar wearing a cute lil' fish-sized skating helmet 8O

Sorry I have no advice.

If the fish do not chande their behaviour while the skating is happening then it probably won't hurt, but if the hide when everyone is skating then it might be causing a lot of stress.

The quick movement going by the tank is going to stress the fish out big time, I would advise going outside like most people do.
What the heck are you doing skating indoors anyways? That's not very fun, go build two small quater pipes outside. It takes almost no effort and you can find easy plans on the net to build for less than 100 bucks.

I have the feeling that the skating is stressful for the fish. If you say the floor shakes, then I'm also wondering how sturdy the tanks/stands are. You don't want the fish to get stressed, and you also don't want a tank and stand collapsing from the floor movement.

Back
Top Bottom