Slanted floor!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hotelboy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I just filled my 36. Ah carp! My water level is flush with the top on the left and about 1 cm low on the right. Its not the tank or stand causing this so it must be the floor. Anyone foresee any problems with this? I'm not worried about the tank sliding off the stand. The pressure should be spreadout evenly over the top of the base. Right???

Should I shim the stand, leave it alone, or forget about having an aquarium since this is the only spot it'll go in?

I would shim the stand. If it has feet, this is pretty easy. If not, try to figure out where the load bearing points are or shim the entire base, or as much of the base as possible.

I had this same problem when I first set up my tank. The edges of my room seem to be slightly higher and slope out to the middle to a small degree. I just put shims under the front of the stand and it evened everything out perfectly. It's been holding with no problems for a year now.

You can go to a craft store and find a big sheet of 1/2 inch foam and set the tank on the foam. The weight of the tank will push down on one side of the foam until it evens out.

Back
Top Bottom