slug like parasites? Maybe ingested

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cyris69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so I just was doing a water change in my 10gallon planted assassin snail breeding tank and noticed these white slugs on the glass. My question is really when I was siphoning I used my mouth on the tube and some of the water got in my mouth. I spit it out immediately but now being a hypochondriac as I am I'm worried that it may be something harmful that has gotten into my mouth.

I'm a occasional dipping tobacco user and had some in my mouth and not sure if that would be toxic or not then I was worried and finally a few minutes later decided to gargle mouth wash.

So of course I google it and see all sorts of nasty things that come from snails and can attack the human heart/lungs/liver/etc...

These slugs measure from just a mm to maybe 5 mm long. I will try and get some macro shots of them and post it here..

My main concern is should I go to the doctor? :banghead:

Well the only way I can discribe them is like this, however I have only seen the side the is on the glass so its backside. They look almost milky white though.

They do not have a arrow head like planaria

800px-Smed.jpg

Diatomaceous earth, food grade, mixed with juice and taken internally will ravage what if anything may have gotten into your system. I have a bunch if you would like me to send some to you. A doctor can also prescribe ivermectin (taken with grapefruit juice to aid absorption), which will knock out anything parasitic.

I can't drink grape fruit juice unfortunately because of a medication I'm on. Where would I get this stuff locally? Also at what point does the mix become ineffective do to waiting to get it.

I'm trying not to worry about it. They have appeared from barely doing a water change on my snail tank with over feeding I suppose. If they are bad what side effects will I experience as a cue to goto a doctor?

Back
Top Bottom