small brown bugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GroundGravy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can someone help me ID these things and explain what they are and what they do? They just appeared in large numbers and I have no clue what they could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated

ForumRunner_20120513_171020.jpg

Yes, they are the dots on the gravel, but they are soo small that my camera can barely pick them up, just tell me of you need a better picture thanks

ForumRunner_20120513_204404.jpg

Can you tell us how they move maybe? Do they glide across the glass, do they swim in the water? Do they seem to jump or anything you can think of.

It almost looks like they "scuttle" on the gravel and glass. They also seem jump into the current to get where they need to go in the tank. Thanks

Did you recently purchase live plants?
Because I heard they feed off plants... when I purchased live plants for my tank they started to appear too...

No I haven't gotten any new plants, they just kind of showed up? And I don't think they are scuds because from the pictures I have seen on Google they don't really look like what I have in my tank..
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom