Small bubbles coming up from substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBReef

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's causing these bubbles? Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

How long has the tank been set up. I need a lot more details on the tank before I begin to tackle this one.

hahaha this is also happening to me. When i had my old light [only 40watts in a 50gal] this wasn't happening and now i have a higher light, the rocks started having bubles everywhere and the subsrate also, but when i turn the lights off the bubbles disappear. I don't think it's a big deal

It could just be trap air or if the substrate is old or compacted then it may be gas bubbles. If the latter then you would need to loosen the bottom material and siphon away the debris.

its a 20 gal tank and has been set up at least 6 months now. The bubbles started about a month ago. i thought they would just go away over time but they havnt. the substrate is covered with baby teardrop so i dont know how i would loosen it without disturbing them. could it be the baby teardrop producing the bubbles? i cant really tell where they are actually coming from.

water quality is fine. i have CO2 and and about 40 watts over it (hopefully to be upgraded soon) that is on for about 10 hours. the substrate is a flora base/flourite mix.

It could be O2 from the roots of the plants. Do the bubbles have any smell?

im not sure, how would i smell them? the water doesnt have a smell, but i dont know about the bubbles.

Your substrate is not old so that would not be the problem. I would just try syphoning around the plants as best as you can to get some of the debris out. If your plants are growing and the roots are staying in the substrate and not showing any signs of rot than it is more than likely just C02 or air bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom