Small bubbles that look like dust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ant329

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had my bubbler under my driftwood and it looked really sharp with the bubbles popping through the holes in the driftwood, my tank is very clear and clean except where the bubbles are. Im getting these small bubbles that look like dust particles or is it the particles off the driftwood deteriorating(sp). Anyway i removed the driftwood and used a anchor piece in its place.. If removing the driftwood isnt the answer any ideas?? What about the size of bubbler? I just hate seeing those dust like particles but really want the bubbler

Can you only see the particles when the light is on? Most tanks have little particles or tiny bubbles that you can see when the daylight is on.

Yes when the light is on, but i like to keep it on until i go to bed i shut it off.. Just annoying more than anything... Probably me just being overly picky

Ant329 said:
Yes when the light is on, but i like to keep it on until i go to bed i shut it off.. Just annoying more than anything... Probably me just being overly picky

Does the water look cloudy? It's probably just normal.

Crystal clear except from the small bubbles that look like dust..

I wouldn't worry about it. Did you boil or soak the driftwood before you added it to the tank?

What substrate do u have? If its sand it could be smaller grains of sand.

Sometimes it takes a while for eveythin to settle :)

The driftwood was boiled and done properly.. I have silver frost rocks that were also rinsed out that have been in my tank for a few months..

Well, I guess it's nothing to worry about. You can add the driftwood back into the tank and see what happens.

Yeah im going to my gold nugget enjoys it. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom