Small gap between tank and stand and off level 3/32

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimsz

Aquarium Advice Regular
We bought a used tank and stand that we began setting up tonight (leak test).

There is a minute gap between the tank and the stand in the entire middle portion of both sides where the tank and stand meet.

The tank is tempered glass (55 gal).

Image attached.

Also, I have leveled the stand/tank as best I can but from left to right there is about 3/32 difference from the left side to the 4ft over to the right side. I am sure this has to do with rug compression/floor (concrete under rug) with the tank filled.

Are these two issues a concern?

Attachments

• C.jpg
    C.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 113
Is the stand home made? I would have to say I would be concerned especially if it's a bigger tank. If it was just a little I wouldn't worry. But that looks like a long gap

Is the stand home made? I would have to say I would be concerned especially if it's a bigger tank. If it was just a little I wouldn't worry. But that looks like a long gap

The stand is a purchased metal stand for a 55 gal tank. I bought the tank and stand used but am quickly regretting it.

I think my options would be either cut a 3/8" sheet of plywood to make a "table top" for the tank to sit in on top of the stand or simply purchase another stand at petco.

I would just add a board on top to help support it. Then the gap between the board and it stick some shimes in and break them off to help the board from bowing. Good luck ;)

Back
Top Bottom