Small schooling fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuck

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so to make a long story short, my tank was 90% stocked. But I lost a few inverts And recently lost a guppy to a filter :/ he swam behind it and got trapped poor thing. :(
So I've been on AqAdvisor and I'm now only 83% stocked.
I did a few options and I can have another guppy :) + 5 neon tetras (only small fish I could think of at the time)
But the thing is I already have a school of 6 neons. So I wanted a different tetra, or other small fish to do another school. (Not glow lights) I have herlequins and the colour isn't that different.
I opted for harlequins because I wanted a contrast in body shape as well as colour.
So the question?
What other small schooling fish could I use to add colour/movement?
Current fish colours are: red/orange/blue/black/gold/yellow.

Edit:: I'd doesn't have to be a schooling fish as long as it has the equivalent bioload :p.

Due to the size of the tank, I wouldn't recommend adding another school. You already have two different schooling fish. Add more harlequins! They'll be so much happier if you add at least 3 more. If that doesn't give you a full stock, add another neon or another harlequin.

Due to the size of the tank, I wouldn't recommend adding another school. You already have two different schooling fish. Add more harlequins! They'll be so much happier if you add at least 3 more. If that doesn't give you a full stock, add another neon or another harlequin.

Ignore my signature it needs updating, I have already added 2 harlequins so it's currently::

7 shrimp
2 guppy
5 harlequin
6 neon
2 gourami

:)

Went with guppies on the fiancées insistence lol, and I rescued a single Cory, yes yes... I know it's not ideal but it was the only one in the tank and the bloke said they ordered 8 and only this one made it through a bad case Ich he seemed to think it was stressed induced but who knows all I know is he's a fighter :) and a freebe So I took pity of the little guy he is so tiny he's under .5" but he seems to enjoy the tank he's not hiding or anything bless him. Pics to follow.

View attachment 199902 This is star image-1174874226.jpg This is sky image-246172562.jpg The spotty one at the back is scooby. There the 3 new arrivals, scooby and Jamie seem to be best buddies straight away strage really I think they think there in love :p never leave each other sides. image-1947750615.jpg image-89947970.jpg And this little fellow is rocky. :)

That's a lot of fish for a 15 gallon. Is it a tall tank?
Not particularly about 14" it's a 70Litre tank so it's just over 15G.
I did all the stocking on aqua advisor (minus the Cory) and it was 103%
But I'm running a aqua internal 200. Which is rated for a 50g tank so I think it should be fine.

Not particularly about 14" it's a 70Litre tank so it's just over 15G.
I did all the stocking on aqua advisor (minus the Cory) and it was 103%
But I'm running a aqua internal 200. Which is rated for a 50g tank so I think it should be fine.

What type of Cory is it? Unless its a Pygmy, it will need a bigger tank.
There is very little room in a 15g tall tank. You have more in this tank then I do in 30g tall 24"L,16"Dx21"H...

What type of Cory is it? Unless its a Pygmy, it will need a bigger tank. There is very little room in a 15g tall tank. You have more in this tank then I do in 30g tall 24"L,16"Dx21"H...

It's a panda. Don't worry I'm not a complete idiot lol.

image-2549572796.jpg

Full tank shot, I don't think it looks crowded. :/

Also just want to mention 15g = 18.5us

It's a panda. Don't worry I'm not a complete idiot lol.

Full tank shot, I don't think it looks crowded. :/

I was thinking more of being 14" then gallons.. That looks well over 14" and is not a tall tank. I think you should be fine. Up your panda cories though

I was thinking more of being 14" then gallons.. That looks well over 14" and is not a tall tank. I think you should be fine. Up your panda cories though
Yeah I'm hoping to get a small group, just a quick question, would they mix with other pygmy corys or is it best to stick with individual species?

Back
Top Bottom