small "snail eater" for my tank please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can someone suggest a small "snail eater" for my 29 gallons. I was planning to have 3 yo-yo loaches (as my research said they have to be in a group of 3), but was adviced that it would be too much for 29 gallons ,, would be wonderful if there is an alternative.

my kuhlis did not help much, all they seem to do is eat eggs. I asked around a lot and found Botia sidthimunki recomended most. Loaches may bother shrimp if that is the tank they will go into. As with anything recomended, futher research should be done as fish are hard to get out of a plant tank.

Some male/female bettas depending on their food preferences and personality will eat small snails or attack them

Some shrimp, namely Macrobrachium lanchester will consume snails (particularly "pond" snails) [and will not bother fish].

According to the only guy here who seems to keep khulis (my memory is currently failing me but if you do a search for khuli's he is bound to be on the thread) they do eat snails but mostly the small ones. The also like to be in groups & like soft sand substrates because they are burrowers.

I seem to have aquired some pond snails in my tank but I never see small ones and they don't seem to be reproducing. Based on the behavior of my tiger barbs when they spot a snail I suspect they gobble up the little ones and or the eggs.

well this may not be a small one but maybe you can stunt its growth

Clown Loach

i love the little guys they fake dead todos los tiempos de un dia
(all the times of a day)

well this may not be a small one but maybe you can stunt its growth

Clown Loach

You cannot stunt their growth ... the bonus to clowns is that they grow VERY slow. They grow fast for i believe the first 2 years after that they have very slow growth intervals.

Back
Top Bottom