Smallest pleco available

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would like to know what the smallest pleco available in most common petstores (petsmart) would be. I am so scared of getting something home and finding out it is one of those kinds that gets too big. I have looked on planetcatfish and get confused with all of the different kinds. There is one listed on there called a Gold Marble BN catfish. I love it and it only gets to be about 2.8", but I know for a fact I would never be able to find one at my lfs or petsmart for that matter. I even looked on aquabid and didn't find any. If I could find a type that was actually that small I would put a couple of them in my 29g tank. Any ideas?

get the gold bristlnose they work non stop cleaning tank glass and make sure you have driftwood they need to eat to digest food properly i think.

Attachments

• IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 104
I just bought a rubberlip from my lfs. They only get to be about 4 in (as far as I've read everywhere!). Right now mine is only about 1.5 inches.

get the gold bristlnose they work non stop cleaning tank glass and make sure have driftwood they need to eat to digest properly.

Is that a type that a local petsmart might have? I was there last weekend and didn't see anything with "gold" in the name. I am pretty sure I saw a rubberlip there, but I am not sure how big they said it got.

alot of them hide in daytime bristle out all day and nite hows that rubberlip?

they might sell there but maybe none in stock right now they are common but a few dollars more then common plec

the one in the pic is in my 90 i bought one on sat for my 50 is 3/4 in. long very tiny cost 12 bucks here in canada. now i wanna see what a rubberlip looks like not sure seen one befor.

Yeah the BN pelco is Bristle nose or Bushy nose Pelco, they get like 4.5" and many people like them as they are peaceful and should be sold locally(at least sometimes).

I have both a BN and a clown and while the clown is no bigger than 2", he doesn't like algae so much. The BN is a great cleaner on the other hand.

So, if I see a pleco at Petsmart listed as a "bristle nose or bushy nose" I will know that it probably won't get more than 4-4.5"? Can you tell I am terrified of getting one of those giant ones home?? LOL

Back
Top Bottom