Snail friends!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chelseachuy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Should I get my new snail a friend? I heard they can reproduce like crazy or even be aggressive but hes an awesome little guy I love how he makes my tank look !

If you like snails you should and the babies are small.

i am obsessed with ramshorns right now. I have a snail tank seperate from my community. I love snails but im unsure about if i want them in my community because its one of those things that if you have them the only way to get rid of them is to take apart the tank. I used to have pond snails and mts when i was young and i was fascinated with them but my gravel was littered by dead snail shells. its a personal preference and i recommend getting a separate tank first to see if you like them. like a 1-10 gallon.

I actually just got a 10 gallon with a bunch of pond snails to breed for my puffer that I will be getting soon. I probably have about 15-20 in there, but I'm sure in a month or two i'll have about 50. Also gonna get some RCS for in there. I may make it a small low light plant tank to get practice if I ever wanted to go bigger.

What kind of snail do you have now?

i have ramshorns for a futur puffer. I chose them because i did some research and it was between ramshorns and pond snails. I chose ramshorns because they have the softest shells and wont hurt the puffers beak but will wear it down.

yeah i have a ten gallon right now but im having some issues with it and its driving me crazy lol

edit: i also have 29 gallon which is currently has one ivory snail guy in it =)

Back
Top Bottom