Snail fun?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squiffy

Aquarium Advice Activist
My mystery snail, Speedy, goes to the bubbler, seems to let the bubbles into his shell, then floats up and glides to the other end of the tank. Should I be concerned or is he just having fun? The picture is of him on the bubbler getting ready for launch.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1407899437187.jpg
    1407899437187.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 56
I wanted to call him Speedy Knievel, but my husband said no. :(

Lol! He bungie jumps off the top of the tank. I never knew that snails had such personality!

Mebbid, that is a beautiful betta. I want one but I don't have a tank I can put him in. I don't think he'd get along with my current fish.

Mebbid, that is a beautiful betta. I want one but I don't have a tank I can put him in. I don't think he'd get along with my current fish.

What do you have for fish at the moment?

I have 5 platies, 4 danios, 4 ghost shrimp and 2 snails. I'm sorry for the loss of your buddy. :(

I have 5 platies, 4 danios, 4 ghost shrimp and 2 snails. I'm sorry for the loss of your buddy. :(

I'm betting one would get along swimmingly with your current stock. I'd say go for it! :)

:D

:D

I had that betta and my new betta in with 5 cardinal tetras and 6 cory cats along with some wild type RCS. He eats some of the shrimp but it's not a problem. Ghost shrimp are waay too big for a betta.

It is the shrimp that I'm worried about, but I guess as long as he doesn't go hungry it shouldn't be an issue. Plus the shrimp are AMAZING at hide and seek

It is the shrimp that I'm worried about, but I guess as long as he doesn't go hungry it shouldn't be an issue. Plus the shrimp are AMAZING at hide and seek

Ghost shrimp are way too large for a betta to harm when they aren't molting. My ghost shrimp were average size when I kept some and even then they were bigger than my betta and my betta was large compared to most I've seen.

Just give them some hiding places and they will be fine.

I have a hard time finding them unless they are climbing the glass. My shrimp are tiny right now.

I have a hard time finding them unless they are climbing the glass. My shrimp are tiny right now.

Are you sure they are ghost shrimp and not Neocardina Heteropoda?

Could you post a picture of one?

This is the best I can do. He's looking right at the camera in the middle of the picture. I'll look online and see if I can find one too.

Attachments

• 1407904915412.jpg
    1407904915412.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 61
This is what they look like.

Attachments

• 1407905012618.jpg
    1407905012618.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 58
Found one! Those suckers are invisible!