Snail ID please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I dont have a pic but I might be able to get one tomorrow. My LFS gave them to me as Malaysian Trumpet Snails but I had my doubts when they never burrowed (plus I saw a godzilla sized one at the LFS). I went to petsmart (gasp!) and they gave me some. As soon as they were in my tank they started borrowing. They also happen to be the same color as described online. So what are the others?! They look the same as the others in shape but the color and behavior is different. ?????
Thanks in advance and God bless!

GodFan said:
I dont have a pic but I might be able to get one tomorrow. My LFS gave them to me as Malaysian Trumpet Snails but I had my doubts when they never burrowed (plus I saw a godzilla sized one at the LFS). I went to petsmart (gasp!) and they gave me some. As soon as they were in my tank they started borrowing. They also happen to be the same color as described online. So what are the others?! They look the same as the others in shape but the color and behavior is different. ?????
Thanks in advance and God bless!

Just because there are differences in behavior doesn't neccesaraly meen they are different. They came from different LFS and might have been treated differently. Another thing: if they look similar it's hard to tell if they are different species. You would need to do an electrophoreises test to determine that. Also don't trust petsmart because they are a large company and aren't Alwase associated with fish so ya. Hope this helps

Just because there are differences in behavior doesn't neccesaraly meen they are different. They came from different LFS and might have been treated differently. Another thing: if they look similar it's hard to tell if they are different species. You would need to do an electrophoreises test to determine that. Also don't trust petsmart because they are a large company and aren't Alwase associated with fish so ya. Hope this helps
Well the ones from my LFS dont look like the discriptions I found on the web. I know petsmart has a bad name but our local one is really really good. Plus I saw them and picked them out myself based on my research. The associate didnt know what they were (I think she was knew)

Back
Top Bottom