Snail info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skywhitney

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I found a black snail in my plant tank tonight. It was on one of the anacharis leaves and didnt seem to be eating it. Anyone know if these would are dentrimental or beneficial to the plants?

Do you have a picture? I am guessing it is likely just a pond snail in which case your plants will be fine, but there could easily be more you haven't seen yet. IME, they only eat dead plants.

absolutangel04 said:
Do you have a picture? I am guessing it is likely just a pond snail in which case your plants will be fine, but there could easily be more you haven't seen yet. IME, they only eat dead plants.

+1 to that. They reproduce really fast so I would do a thorough check and see how many you have :)

I tried but the little guy is like speedy gonzales and wont stop moving lol. I did a pretty thurough check and it seems that hes the only one, more could pop up though i'm guessing.

These are the best I could get, sorry.

Last edited:
Yep pond snail., They will reproduce really fast if you ever overfeed, but they do not hurt plants typically.

I found a bunch of them in a stream near my house. I love them and don't harm anything in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom