Snail invasion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I did a previous thread on my snail population issue, but can't find it now. Anyway, I have decided to completely breakdown the tank (wanted to go from gravel to sand anyway). Obviously I have to take everything out of the tank. Here are my questions and concerns: The snails can be in the water right? I have a 55 gallon tank with no snails that I can take 1/2 the water from to put back into 29 gallon tank that has snails. I know I need to scrub the inside of the tank and the hood and I assume the filter needs to be scrubbed also. I can take media from the 55 gallon to put in the cleaned filter and of course discard the old filter media. The tank is planted and I've read you can use a water and bleach mixture to kill the snails and then soak in tank water. So am I missing a step? I have a API test kit so I will be watching my params. I just figure the tank will go through a mini cycle. I use Prime in my tanks.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Back
Top Bottom