Snail invasion!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great idea - dwarf loaches should work too. Just trying to think back - I think some snail types give them trouble if a long shell but they get them in the end.

I had the same problem. MTS explosion. I got 6 botia loaches and ...CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH....they were severely snacked up in a matter of less than a month.

How do Botias get along with Cories & Angels and how many makes them feel comfortable? Think I may have to consider giving the Assassins some assistance

How do Botias get along with Cories & Angels and how many makes them feel comfortable? Think I may have to consider giving the Assassins some assistance
They get along just fine. All I have are angels and 2 long finned bristle nose plecos. Botias are very peaceful but VORACIOUS with snails. Your assassins won't make it. I have 6 loaches in my tank. I have 2 very large tiger nerites that I had to move or they would have been escargot.

From what I read it seems that yoyos are the best choice and I want some more fish in the tank anyway:):):):)
A Pictus catfish would have a field day in your tank. Whatever you decide to do when the time comes I'd remove the snails by hand as well. I've heard of leaving a nice size piece of lettuce anchored to the side of the tank. Check under it after a day and they should be congregating. Take the lettuce out with the snails and repeat.

I say Assassin Snails to the rescue. They completely eradicated my snail problem and then they eventually died off themselves after they ran out of snails to eat. I know it sounds horrible but I didn't want them to proliferate either. I only had like 6.

Back
Top Bottom