snail poop but no snail.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xIHaKIx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got this tiny little snail from petco for free, not tiny where you cant see him but a small one. I seen him around my tank for the first 2 days but now I dont see him. I know he's around because he makes round black poo that floats and sinks (not like fish poo diffrent so thats why I know its his, I never seen it in my tank before I got him) so yea, the snail poops but I have no idea where he is what can I do to locate this snail?

You could try placing some bait, like lettuce on top of an overturned plate, and see if he comes up to feed. He may be nocturnal, so try putting the bait in overnight and checking it in the morning.

Will it be safe to put lettuce in my tank?.......I dont want to get my tank all foggy cause of the lettuce in the water.

Switch off your aquarium lights and look for the snail after some time.. they usually come out thinking it is night... worth a shot. :lol:

I don't know about appropriate bait choices, but I do know that snails are excellent at hiding. I made the mistake of popping a tiny ramshorn snail into my tank because he was so cute (wow, can those guys reproduce...) and one day I saw him bury himself in the sand. They probably like to dig around gravel too.

carrots might work. Green vegetables are all good canidates, if you have any cucumber, zucinni, any leafy green, peas...

I dont even know what kind of snail it is. . . I got it from petco for free but I gotta do something to find him. :-/ Ill add veggies today and see if I find anything.

Why not just leave him be? If he's not destructive to your plants, he'll clean up fallen food, and maybe even eat a little algae.

Back
Top Bottom