Snail problems!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossco

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just baught a ivory mastery snail and he has not been very active at all just hides in his shell? He's in a tank with a bristle nose pleco a crown tail betta and ghost shrimp. They all leave him alone and don't bug him ! Any suggestions on what's goin on ?

I have also notice the opening of his shell is chipped? Is this something I should be worried about ?

How did you acclimate him/her? Water params? How long has he been acting this way

Sometimes it takes them a day or two to become active & sometime they'll be most active after lights out. If the chip is minor it should repair, just provide a source of calcium with either veggies, liquid calcium or cuttle bone. I had a blue one some serious shell damage & a few weeks later you'd never know it. As SKB suggested they need to be acclimated same as a fish.

Same as a fish and thanks its minor ill do just what u said thanks guy and not to long. He has been moving when I first put him in there my betta went after him. Once. But now leaves him alone. ( my betta had done this with every fish I've added ) ill keep update if things don't change thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom